Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dresses as Canvases

I thought it was high time I got back on here and posted something about the work I do for Designs by Lyn. Below is a link where I have posted a batch of photos of most of the gowns I have had the pleasure of painting on. There are a few that show how they turned out after the Swarovski crystals were applied to the painted parts of the gowns. They always turn out stunningly beautiful after they are crystallized. You can see them at this link.                                          Dresses as Canvases album

My favorite and most fun gown was this mermaid gown that was briefly called the 'miracle gown' amongst us. The inserted photo-link of this gown, as well as a detailed shot of it, are what you're seeing below. One day, I went to the shop to find work and found this gown on a shelf with other 'bagged dresses', where they end up when no one can think of how to progress with them. However, when I took the gown out of the bag an idea immediately came to mind...I 'saw' what it needed. I painted the bold and bright geometric design on it and when I brought it back to the shop everyone was like: "Dee, it's a miracle! We didn't know what we were going to do with it!" You can see how it looked with just paint on it, in the album linked above. The decorators ("stoners" as we like to joke about it) applied crystals to the painting and the seamstresses added the bright feathers to the skirt hem, which finished it off beautifully. I'm always so impressed with what we come up with in our team efforts.        

This is a detail photo of the crystals on the paint along with the necklace created just for this gown.


I hope you take a few minutes and enjoy looking through the photos of these gowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment