Saturday, August 27, 2011

Trip to Bolivia in 2006

In 2006 I spent ten days in Bolivia to teach basic drawing to small children in the Haven of Hope Orphanage, in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. The purpose wasn’t just to bring them creative fun but by learning to draw these orphans could illustrate on paper the trauma-causing events they’d experienced. This served to aid the psychologist working with them to better help them with working through their personal struggles. In the past I have taught basic drawing in a small class setting at my college, and since then tutored home-educated students privately, in their homes. I'm not in the classroom photos because I was taking the photos while my team helped translate my instructions and showed the kids what to do on their worksheets.

You can see a photos of the children and their work and other photos of the trip here: Bolivia trip_2006

No comments:

Post a Comment